I thought I’d put out another collection of tidbits I ran across that give me ideas of things I might want to do or create. There are lots of other preoccupations in my mind besides these, but I prefer to collect the ones worth keeping around
- Every night we are witnesses to a bigger bunch of explosions than anything ever shot up into the sky, though we don’t get to hear the sounds of all that energy being released.
Some observer looking at our galaxy from outside might notice this as the only interesting thing going on in our little patch of stars.
The Great Orion Nebula Is Even Greater Than You Know
- From your browser you can dive down and down into the centuries-old canvas and wonder how little flecks of pigment end up assembling into full-blown forms in your mind. It’s like a different kind of space exploration
HIROX - GIRL WITH PEARL EARRING - GIGAPIXEL PANORAMA
- I guess by now “impartial” has completely taken over the former meaning of the word and isn’t going to give up its place, no matter how old fussy pedants like me say they don’t like it.
Disinterested or uninterested? How long we should cling to a word's original meaning.
And similarly with the phrase that describes a circular argument.
Beg The Question // Get it right.
- This game is a little like that cake cutting problem in mathematics, but rather than wanting to make the pieces equal in size, you need to partition it using only a few straight cuts. After a while I was starting to formulate a kind of strategy when faced with something that looked impossible to solve at first. Slices
- I will always love Japanese poetry, aware that it really cannot be rendered into English.
Wim 🅾: "Here is an amazing poem by the Buddhist priest M…" - Octodon